Saturday, October 10, 2009

From The Pantry: Product Review

We have been trying to shift our diet over to include more beans, grains,fiber and healthier choices, as well as to make sure we have a stocked pantry of foods that can be found in bulk quantities.
With a family of five to feed this cuts down on our trips to the grocery store as well as provides us with high quality, low cost ,easy to prepare but healthy options for meals.
We have enjoyed products from Bob's Red Mill in the past, but decided that we'd like to utilize what they had to offer on a larger scale and purchase products from their website to help stock our pantry a bit more.
In our shopping choices we decided to try their "Vegi Soup Mix".
Wow! This large package of 1 lb.12 ozs. of dry vegetable soup mix produces quite a lot of soup! I was amazed that out of one package of dry soup mix I can easily have 3 medium sized pots full of soup to feed our family of five.
I simply added a little bit of beef broth(totally optional if you'd like to go all vegetarian with your meal of course) to the pot, and prepared some grilled cheese sandwiches to accompany the soup and we had a very nice "comfort meal."
The soup has a nice blend of ingredients from lentils to split peas, to tiny little pasta alphabets, a healthy hearty blend of goodness in a bowl! And the other great thing is...you can have dinner on the table in less than an hour!
If you are looking for a nice vegetable soup mix to stock your pantry with check out Bob's Red Mill.

~Tina

3 comments:

  1. This is great to know! I LOVE Bob's products. Have been using their Flax Seed Meal for years ~ 2 Tbsp. a day, either in my yogurt or vanilla soy milk. If I'm without it for a day or two I know it :(
    I'm going to look for this soup mix, I love the other baking mixes and whole grains.
    Thanks for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is LOVELY!!! Great Small Town LOOK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and by the way...gave you a shout out this morning on my blog. Better late than never! We have had a rough week! Excuses, excuses. Buzz me soon, we need to chat!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Please leave us a comment.